It may look like other computers that you have seen before, but a server is the ‘Swiss Army Knife’ of your business network and is essential to allow you and your staff to be productive during the work day.
A server is essentially a specialised computer that is used to manage information and resources in a centralised location. This powerful box of tricks is loaded with a specialist server operating system that is designed to perform specific tasks such as print processing, internet connectivity and internal email for all of the client computers attached to it.
- Your computers are already networked in some way, but the performance is affected every time someone prints a large document.
- You spend lots of time searching for files or copying them from one machine to another.
- You want to restrict access to confidential files because you are worried that a nosey employee might find sensitive data on your network.
- You want to accommodate flexible or home-working for you or your staff, but don’t know where to start.
- You keep buying printers, fax machines and internet accounts as and when you get new staff and IT costs seem to be spiralling out of control.
- You have lots of IT hassle such as viruses and network problems which are starting to impact on your productivity and profitability.
If you match even one of the above six, then you should still strongly consider contacting us to get a small server installed, but if you match two or more it is essential that you contact Freedom I.T. Systems as soon as possible to arrange a consultation as you are missing out.